We are a passionate and progressive boutique law firm, based in East Redfern on the fringe of the City, that provides outstanding value and flexibility. Most of the services we provide are available on a fixed fee basis rather than just on the usual old billable hours system.
We provide expert legal services in employment, IP and ICT law, but also general commercial, wills and estates, property, building disputes and conveyancing.
Employment Legal Services
The employment legal services we provide include:
- preparing and negotiating collective agreements and individual contracts;
- advising and assisting on termination of employment, including redundancy, unfair and unlawful dismissals;
- advising on recruitment, policies and procedures, performance management and appraisals, restructuring and redundancies;
- discrimination, harassment and bullying claims, industrial action and bargaining disputes.
We represent clients in employment litigation matters iat federal and state levels including claims in relation to breach of contract, restraints, unfair dismissals, general protections and protection of confidential information and intellectual property.
Information Technology and E-Commerce Legal Services
We can assist in the legal issues that arise in connection with the development, licensing and use of information technology. The legal services relating to information technology (IT) that we provide predominantly concern the drafting of contracts or agreements concerning software licensing and maintenance, IT consulting, e-commerce, website hosting and development and distribution. However, other areas including employment, defamation, tort more generally and criminal may also be a factor. Legislation at state, national and international levels may need to be considered. In Australia acts such as the Electronic Transactions Act, the Copyright Act, the Competition and Consumer Act to name but a few also impact on IT law and need to be taken into account and complied with.
Property Legal Services
- commercial, industrial, retail and residential leasing;
- property development;
- property and building disputes and representation;
- easements, covenants and disputes over easements;
- sale and purchase of business;
- liquor licensing and conveyancing; and
- strata title disputes.